Sunday, November 16, 2008

Has It Been Ten Years For You?

Every year, we all receive our share of Happy Something-Or-Other-Day cards. Short. Sweet. Thoughtful. Nice reminders that somebody out there remembers a special occasion.

Every 10 years, I receive the following...

Saturday
Adam-
I was thinking how long ago I had a tetanus shot & for me-it's been about 5 years-
I don't know when you had a tetanus shot-Do you?- I know you're supposed to have one every 10 years-has it been 10 years for you? I know you had one in California-Do you remember the doctor that gave it to you? You could call & ask how long ago you had it if you know who gave it to you-
Love-
Mom

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

M. C. Valada said...

I had a very hard time getting my doctor to agree to give me a tetnus shot--something which is definitely called for when you work for horses. Dr. E. said he hadn't seen a case of tetnus since he was an intern in Miami in the early 1960s. I suggested that might be because it works. He said antibiotics cures tetnus just fine.

When I passed out and wound up in the hospital to see if I had a concussion a few years ago, the doctor who saw I had torn my shirt and maybe given myself a scrape in a horse arena was quite happy to give me the shot. I'm good for another 5 years.

Cheryl Ann said...

I had a tetanus shot 3 years ago. Hubby decided to clean out our garage. He ordered one of the HUGE dumpsters. I told him, "Don't throw any of my school stuff away!" and sure enough, I looked out in the dumpster and there were several of my school notebooks!!! So, of COURSE, I HAD to go rescue them. So, up on top of the old, rusty baker's rack I went and you guessed. KER PLOP! I was standing on it to reach my notebooks and I fell over backwards and scratched my back on the @#mn rack. So, a couple of nights later, when I complained of symptoms, he PANICKED and drove me to the nearest hospital where I got a tetanus shot at 3:00 a.m. I guess it was worth it as I have 5 horses myself!